Saw the mothership live, saw elvis costello, went to a euro football game, went to yankee stadium, got a passport, got approved for a credit card lol, FLEW ON A PLANE, left the country, saw the misfits.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i still don’t do them. just start em when you want to start em.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
BABIES!!!!!! yes. babies all over the place again. love it.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
this past year was a bit kinder, i hope it continues. I did lose my cat sparky tho.
5. What countries did you visit?
SCOTLAND!!!! i was in london a few hours too but does a layover count? i say yes.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
more of my woman, more space (not from my woman but physical space). Also more minicomics.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
the day i got on a plane.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
leaving the country on a plane, which if you know me is almost unthinkable.
9. What was your biggest failure?
wish i could have seen friends more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
no but i had to lose some weight to stay healthy
11. What was the best thing you bought?
gta v? good food as usual. oh, plane ticket.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
same as last year. kind people. selfless people. my lady. my friends.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
selfish people. ive seen a lot this year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
FOOD!!!!! travel. FOOD. ryan adams cds. FOOD. video games. i also may have bought a shirt at some point when i was getting some food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
PARLIMENT. knicks in the playoffs, new grand theft auto, new zelda, the webcomics underdogs website, going to scotland of course.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2013?
well, here are my top ten listened to songs of 13 as determened by my last.fm scrobbler.
1. ben folds five – michael praytor, five years later
2. bobby womack – across 110th st
3. ben folds five – sky high
4. ben folds five – the sound of the life of the mind
5. patti smith – rock and roll N*****
6. muddy waters – key to the highway
7. radiohead – sit down. stand up.
8. craig wedren – crush you
9. craig wedren – fall in
10. craig wedren – i know
a bit of a mix this year which is new – def blasted the most recent bf5 disc, and craiggers, along with some old classic faves. that muddy track has been a fav of mine since i was 7. had scrobbling been around forever…
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
even tho the year is off to a funky start i am lovin.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
more art. always.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
again, i wish i did less LESS.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
thats a long time from now silly survey.
21. i learned i am not good at it, but i am good at drinking while playing it.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
23. How many one night stands?
i can barely stand for ten minutes
24. What were your favourite TV programmes?
come dine with me, QI, raw, beware the bat, mob city, breaking bad (sniff)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
still hatin on the ones that deserved it
26. What was the best book you read?
supergods (tho i havent finished yet)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
i was going to put golden filter but now i see that was last year lol. i think OFF!!! had me happy this year. sure i knew about morris already but i think this counts.
28. What did you want and get?
confidence to travel.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
this was a bad year for movies for me, i prob watched less movies this year than any year in my life. even baby years lol
My fav new movies of the year are in no partic order – well…nothing i can even think of. was the evil dead remake this year. that was great.
my favorite movies i got to see for the first time this year in no order –
killer joe. premium rush.
my least faves of the year – iron man 3 and man of steel. both very much a let down.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i prob worked. i was older than this q. number.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
superman powers. 8 arms. 48 hour days.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
fishbone t shirts for every day of the week. an occasional tie.
34. What kept you sane?
pills! music. art. silence. video games.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
all my friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Shattered at dawn
So far for so long
Feeling newly baptized thinking
I don’t want this thing to end and
All the blue sky
ben folds five – sky high